Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Giving Thanks at Quileute Oceanside Resort


This is what I would love to see on the weather forecast for La Push this week end .




Instead it's polluted with these !  And I'm sure in another hour or so it will change again.


Are those silly rain clouds going to stop us ?  Nooooooooooo, because camping in the rain on the beach  is better than sitting around the house this week end.   We have decided to take Langston Hughes' advice:
Let the rain kiss you.  Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops.  Let the rain sing you a lullaby. I'll let you know how that went when we get back.


We are heading to Quileute Oceanside Resort in La Push, WA.  This will be our third attempt to camp here.  The other attempts got thwarted by fly fishing on the Methow and sunny beaches in Pacific City.  But just in case we are really beat upon our heads with the liquid drops here is a picture of what First Beach in La Push should look like on a sun filled day .


For you Twilight Fans , La Push is one of the main settings for the second book of the Twilight Saga, New Moon. I'm not into vampires (gasp)  so for me it's just one  of the most beautiful beaches in Washington.  And I've got my rain suit packed and ready for walking on that beach.

We will be doing Thanksgiving dinner in Ruby and her tiny kitchen.  No twenty pound turkey for her but a nicely sized turkey breast that will fit in the oven.   My only regret is that my family won't be with us-my brother  and his soon to be wife are having to deal  with all that sunshine in Hawaii; and my sister and brother in law will be sitting down with his daughter, son in law and grand children in Enumclaw to celebrate this year. We will be with all of them in spirit. And we will be giving thanks for their ever present love and devotion .  We have had a few challenges this year but what we have been given and blessed with in our lives far outweighs those challenges.  I wish all of you lives surrounded by love, and hope you will be spending a peaceful day with those most important to you.


"When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light, for your life and strength. Give thanks for your food, and the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies with yourself...." --Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief




No comments:

Post a Comment