Thursday, August 29, 2013

To My Husband with Love



In case you haven't noticed for the past 2 months I have been a raving,crazy, maniacal woman. Getting a 95 year old house ready to sell has more than the usual challenges.  Everyday I would wake up with a new plan; 20 lists of things to do; a new stressor; a new idea; a crying or laughing jag ; a temper tantrum; an attitude of I'm never going to talk to you again; and the list goes on.  But through it all you have stood by me.  You knew it would pass once the house was sold.  You didn't just sit quietly by ,sometimes you yelled back-I deserved it !   Honestly, I think I did pretty good in handling the stress considering everything that was going on with the prep work and house sale.  And again the reason I did handle it so well was because of you-my anchor, my sounding board, my partner for life.  We had a temporary role reversal-with you being the one to constantly  stress one day at time; think positive-this too shall pass attitude and a wonderful calmness. Did I thank you ?  Sometimes, other times I just took it for granted that you would be there enduring my craziness-and you were and still are.



This idea to drive all around North America was mine-you laughed and you called me a gypsy soul. You thought it was a phase. But you knew I was serious when I started drawing routes and checking passport expiration dates !   I know you weren't crazy about this idea of mine-but you warmed to it and now have embraced it completely.  And I know that we have so many adventures and amazing magical times ahead of us.  New challenges, probably more laughing and yes probably some crying too.  But we will be together in our little home on wheels.  I couldn't do it without you baby-it wouldn't be the same.  I want you to know that and I want you and the whole world to know how much I love you...thank you for being the person you are.



“I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart) I am never without it (anywhere
I go you go,my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing,my darling)
I fear no fate (for you are my fate,my sweet) I want no world (for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart)” 
― E.E. Cummings



3 comments:

  1. Such a loving tribute to your dear husband . . . you two are going to have an amazing journey and I look forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading your posts and good luck with your travels........If your ever in Teton County Idaho, give me a holler. Sorry we didn't meet up in Seattle. Life gets so busy.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete