Monday, May 19, 2014

Changes in Latitude

Sunset on our last night at Bring Back the Magic

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes,
Nothing remains quite the same.
Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,
If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane
Reading departure signs in some big airport
Reminds me of the places I've been.
Visions of good times that brought so much pleasure
Makes me want to go back again.
If it suddenly ended tomorrow,
I could somehow adjust to the fall.
Good times and riches and son of a bitches,
I've seen more than I can recall
I think about Paris when I'm high on red wine,
I wish I could jump on a plane.
And so many nights I just dream of the ocean.
God, I wish I was sailin' again.
Oh, yesterdays are over my shoulder,
So I can't look back for too long.
There's just too much to see waiting in front of me,
and I know that I just can't go wrong
Jimmy Buffett

We are getting ready to make some more changes in latitudes.  If you remember our original plan was to start heading towards the West Coast -but like John Lennon said: "Life is what happens while you  are busy making other  plans."  Since my little ladder/pacemaker episode we decided not to wander too far from home-I'm 100% okay just getting use to my little pacemaker/energizer bunny taking care of my heart-okay so I'm not as brave as I thought I was-still getting over the scare of everything that happened.  I try to concentrate on the positive-I'M ALIVE AND KICKIN !   Honestly, I feel like I won the lottery-first of all my sweetie pie and family-I could not have made it through what I did without them; then all my friends and new neighbors-their love and support kept me grounded; and finally a sweet little nest to come home to for my recovery.  And don't let me forget Hailey, who stayed by my side like my own little angel , once I got home.  


 Are you listening Baby ?  Yes - you were right that we needed a place to call home no matter how much traveling we planned on doing !
And now I'm ever so grateful to be back on the road again-currently at St. Joe State Park, just 6 miles up the road from the condo-we wanted to be close to home the first week out-you know just in case of emergencies.  Then we will head south to Manatee Springs and then work our way gradually up the East Coast to Cape Hatteras. I'm pinching myself again-ever so grateful for our lives,our family and our friends.

I'm covered head to toe with Deet and going out to brave a bike ride through the Love Bugs and mosquitoes and no seeums-really life is good  bites and all !  I'll have more pictures and maybe some cooking surprises later in the week..until then Happy Trails and love to all of you .

No comments:

Post a Comment